When deciding on a roofing contractor, it is important to know that you can rely on the contractor of your choice to be able to give you the best products and service possible. When determining what roofing company your going to use to build your new roof, Roof Advance advises you to check out these seven questions to ask the contractor before you make your decision:
- What is the name and address of the roofing company?
- Knowing the complete name and address of the company is a very important factor when choosing the company’s business. Hiring a contractor nearby is recommended because of a quicker response and better service. Here at Roof Advance, we have two locations; Saline, MI and Westland, MI. Serving all of Southeast Michigan.
- Does the company carry insurance?
- A roofing contractor should carry workers’ compensation insurance and comprehensive liability insurance. This is to protect you from a roofing incident. Roofing contractors could also carry other insurances such as life, auto, and health insurance. Roof Advance does carry insurance!
- Is the company a credentialed or licensed contractor?
- Every state does not require roofing contractors to be licensed. If the state you reside in does license contractors, then he/she may have to pass a written test in his/her specialty. Roof Advance is certified with ShingleMaster, CertainTeed, and GAF and is fully licensed and insured.
- How long has their company been in business for?
- Typically, the longer, the better. References are always helpful when checking to see how stable a business is. Newer businesses (usually under three years) may lean more toward being unstable because of the failure rate being high. Roof Advance has been in business for 20 years!
- Will the company provide references or referrals from previous jobs?
- Ask for previous roofing job photos to see examples of their finished roofing jobs. Also, ask for a list of ten names with phone numbers of their recent customers within the past year. You do not necessarily have to call all ten of the numbers but call a few to see how professional your roofing company is. Check out Roof Advance’s gallery!
- What are the details of the roofing company’s workmanship warranty?
- Usually, roofing contractor workmanship warranties are for a year or longer. The ability and intent of the roofer to stand behind his/her warranty is more important than the length of the warranty. When doing your research on your roofing company, ask their customers these four questions: Would you call the roofing company trustworthy? Did your roofer finish his work on a timely matter? Did your roofing contractor act as if he/she cared about your needs? Was the roofer quick to react when asked about changes and information about the company? Make sure you ask for a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty related to the specific shingle products you will be using. Roof Advance has years of quality and experienced workmanship and offers a craftsman workmanship warranty. Contact Us for details on our warranty and our products warranty.
- Does the company have a track record for solving customer complaints?
- Find out how your roofing contractor handles issues when one comes about. Ask your contractor if he/she has ever lost a job-related court case. Be sure to also ask if your contractor has ever been suspended from their license and why. At Roof Advance, we understand how important your home is to you. We take pride in the experienced, licensed, certified, insured, high-end products and roofing services that we provide to our customers.
Are you looking for a roofing contractor? Roof Advance is here to help. Contact us! We are always willing to answer any questions you may have!